Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Trail day 11


Tuesday, July 28th, 2008

Flume Canyon to Ponil-Base Camp

GPS Stats: Mileage: 6.98 mi

Today is a short 3 mile day. Wyatt Wagner got kicked by Cracker 3 times and Zeus stepped on my foot while we were packing them.

We got to Ponil today and then another ¼ mile to Ponil turnaround. We got root beer at Ponil and played some horse shoe. Linda, our bus driver back to base camp was a crazy driver. We hit a mud puddle and the back tires were off the ground. I probably went 6 inches out of my seat. DJ and I hiked the last 3 miles of our trek in our FiveFingers. It was ok as long as we avoided the huge, sharp rocks, mud puddles, and the burrows feet.

Back at base camp we got some free time. I spent $140 at Tooth of Time Traders not including what I spent before hitting the trial. We (Tiff, DJ, and I) got some wash done and cleaned everyones class A’s. After that was finished Tiff and I went for a shower. It was so nice to get clean seeing as how we hadn’t showered since Miner’s park.

Closing campfire was the same as it was 2 years ago, but was still touching.

Thorn: Zeus stepped on my foot while I was wearing five fingers.

Rose: Showering, hiking out the last day in FiveFingers, getting ice cream and root beer.

Bud: ‘real food’, hopefully seeing Trent before we leave and going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment