Wednesday, February 24, 2010

IWTGBTP!

Base Camp
Friday, July 17th, 2009
Raton to Philmont Scout Ranch Base Camp



















We made it into Raton around 11 am. The town is smaller than Lewistown. We caught a bus to Philmont and stopped at McDonalds on the way.

10:20 pm
Got into camp today. It was really rushed at the beginning. I’m so excited to be back to this place! I love it here. I’m not going to write much tonight because it’s late and we have to be up early tomorrow.
The rangers all gathered around the dinner bell, like the usually do, and did their ranger ‘song’.




I want to go back to Philmont
Where the old Rayado flows,
Where the rain comes a seepin'
In the tent where you're a sleepin'
Arid the waters say hello. HELLO (shout)
I want to wake up in the morning
With my socks all wringing wet,
For it brings back fondest memories,
That a Ranger can't forget. WANNA BET (shout)
I want to hike once more the canyon floor
From Scribblins to Old Camp,
With my pack sack a-creakin',
With my back with sweat a-reekin',
And my legs beginning to cramp. OHHHH (shout)
I want to hike again with such great men
As made those famous treks,
From Beaubien to Porky
And from Cito to Car-Max. HIP, HIP, HORAY (shout 3 times)




No comments:

Post a Comment